PHOTOS: Wild Turkey Chases Postal Worker Every Day in Mississauga
Some jobs are tough, and then other jobs are tough for unexpected reasons.
Just ask this postal worker, whose daily routine appears to include running from a wild turkey.
Twitter user Don Cumming recently posted a few photos of the large bird chasing the Canada Post employee in the Lorne Park area.
@citymississauga, Wed. Mar. 6. Lorne Park. Wild turkey vs. postal worker. "He chases me every day," said the postie with a grin. Didn't have a chance to get his name as he sprinted away with the bird in hot pursuit. @cupw @canadapostcorp @CWF_FCF pic.twitter.com/nCjtzewDSF— Don Cumming (@don_cumming) March 6, 2019
The City of Mississauga responded to the tweet, acknowledging that there have been reported sightings of wild turkeys in Mississauga.
“Birds may find their way into residential areas looking for food. These birds are good flyers and will find their way back to their natural area,” the city says.
Residents are asked not to feed the birds as it may put the bird or themselves in danger.
“We have reported this to Animal Services and they are aware and monitoring the situation.”
Cover photo courtesy of @don_cumming
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario