PHOTOS & VIDEO: Third Annual Japan Festival Canada Hits Mississauga
The weather might not have been perfect, but the rain and clouds didn’t stop people from converging upon Celebration Square in Mississauga to celebrate the third annual Japan Festival Canada.
This year’s two-day festival (held on Aug. 25 and 26) was hosted by insauga.com founder Khaled Iwamura.
Insauga.com also sponsored the event, which featured live entertainment, performances by J-Pop group One Pixcel and famed drummer Eitetsu Hayashi, food and—for the first time ever—an exciting chef competition.
Here’s a look at One Pixcel’s performance:
And here’s Eitetsu Hayashi’s taiko drum concert:
The latest Japan Festival Canada (which was initially called Japan Day Mississauga when it first came to the city in 2016) celebrated 90 years of diplomatic relations between Canada and Japan.
The first ever event was held to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Mississauga’s relationship with its Japanese sister city, Kariya. This year’s event honoured the establishments of their own embassies in Canada and Japan during 1928-1929.
This year, some recognizable vendors at the event included EDO, Guu Izakaya, Ryu’s Noodle Bar, Ichifuku Montreal, Mye Japanese Restaurant, Kinton Ramen, Uncle Tetsu’s Japanese Cheesecake and more.
Here’s a look at some pictures of the weekend.
All photos courtesy of Wil Yeung.
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Massive Two-Day Japanese Food and Entertainment Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Japan Festival Canada bringing exciting Raptors event to Mississauga soon
- Japan Festival Canada bringing unique Raptors event to Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Japan Festival Mississauga 2016
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility
- Police warning public of new scam sent via text
- Photo radar map shows where Brampton made $1 million
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington