PHOTOS: Sneak Peek at the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
The Food District opening is so close we can taste it.
Square One is no stranger to grand-scale expansion projects that fundamentally alter the look, feel and appeal of the city's biggest—and best known—shopping centres. In the summer of 2018, Square One announced its massive west expansion project, which will include the modern and on-trend Food District.
Square One said the $580 million redevelopment (which also includes the Cineplex-owned Rec Room, Uniqlo and Indigo - which are all currently open) is one of the most ambitious projects of its kind in North America.
Construction on the addition, which will take shape in the former Target area, is well underway.
The almost 40,000 sq. ft. Food District, intended to provide an elevated experience for foodie tourists and locals alike, is opening on April 1, 2019 - this Monday folks. It'll focus on offering local, handmade and high-quality foods in a setting that embraces both new- and old-world food emporiums. It'll offer restaurants, a butchershop, a fishmonger, food tastings, cooking classes and more.
Here's a peek at what the Food District looks like so far.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Celebrities Set to Appear at the Grand Opening of the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Massive New Food District Coming to Square One
- PHOTOS: Here's Some of the Food Coming to Square One's Food District in Mississauga
- 5 Most Anticipated Restaurants Coming to the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here is Everything That’s Coming to the New Food District in Square One in Mississauga