PHOTOS: Police Hunt Suspect in Mississauga Murder
A 39-year-old Toronto man - who’s considered armed and dangerous - is wanted in relation to a Mississauga murder investigation on Monday morning.
The incident took place at 5 a.m. near Dixie and Rathburn roads.
The victim, a 25-year-old woman, was found outside of a townhouse complex with life-threatening injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect and victim knew each other, said Peel Regional Police Const. Harinder Sohi. Police say the man is the victim’s boyfriend.
Investigators have identified the suspect as Joseph Chang.
The man is driving a black Infiniti with Ontario licence plates CAXM 834.
Don’t approach the suspect if you see him, warn police.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
Shooting: 1343 Rathburn RD E. Female victim in her 20's shot and pronounced dead on scene. Dixie/Rathburn area. pic.twitter.com/SsF5l0Lrdt— Tony Smyth (@LateNightCam) March 5, 2018
Peel Police searching for man who shot/killed 26 y/o woman outside townhouse at Dixie/Rathburn in Mississauga. Suspect is 39 y/o Joseph Chang of Toronto last seen driving a black Infiniti with license plate CAXM834. If you spot him or car call 9-1-1 pic.twitter.com/CoiqMXo66U— carl hanstke (@carl680) March 5, 2018
UPDATED: Peel and Toronto police have arrested the suspect as of Monday March 5, 2018, 7:44 p.m.
- UPDATED: Victim Identified in Early Morning Mississauga Shooting, Suspect Wanted
- UPDATED: Woman Dead in Mississauga Shooting
- Police Searching For Mississauga Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- UPDATED: Police Searching For Suspect Wanted For Multiple Mississauga Robberies
- Police Seeking Suspect in Mississauga Sex Assault
- More Toronto hospitals declare COVID-19 outbreaks
- Employee at Starbucks location in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga salesman enjoying big lotto win
- First responders attending to diesel spill in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – October 22