PHOTOS: Part of 401 Closed Due to Truck Collision in Mississauga
If you normally take the 401 home, you might want to find an alternative route, as part of the highway is expected to remain closed until about 6:00 p.m.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently took to Twitter to announce that the westbound express lanes on the 401 are currently closed at Dixie Rd. following a collision involving a truck.
The closure extends to the 410.
"We've got major problems here right now," said Schmidt, adding that a transport truck heading west with its box up hit the overpass at Dixie Rd.
"Clean up crews are trying to come up with a plan to get this repaired," he said, adding that the truck sustained significant damage during the crash.
Schmidt said the driver has been taken to hospital with minor injuries.
"Unfortunately the biggest problem here isn't this truck, but at the Dixie Rd. overpass," says Schmidt.
"As this truck crashed into the overpass, there's a sign attached to the bridge itself that is now significantly damaged."
Schmidt said the truck box was empty, so no extra gravel or debris is on the roadway.
Police say the lanes should reopen by about 6:00 p.m.
Charges against the driver are pending.
All photos courtesy of OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt
- Part of Major Highway Closed in Mississauga After Truck Jack Knife
- PHOTOS: Two Lanes Blocked on 401 in Mississauga After Truck Crashes Through Guardrail
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- Part of 401 Closed in Mississauga After Propane Tanks Fell From Transport Truck
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26