PHOTOS: Mississauga Shooting Sends One Victim to Trauma Centre
A shooting in Mississauga has sent a 17-year-old boy to a trauma centre late Thursday.
“The victim’s injuries are non-life threatening,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
Emergency crews were dispatched to Hurontario St. and Ceremonial Dr., just north of Eglinton Ave., at 11:31 p.m.
Multiple shell casings littered the street.
Paramedics treated the boy for a single gunshot wound before transporting him to hospital.
“A first-floor window was shot out,” in a nearby apartment, Wright confirmed, “as well as a vehicle.”
There’s no suspect information.
Investigators are looking at the possibility that it was a drive-by shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-453-2121 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Photos by Pascal Marchand, the 4K Guy
- Victim in Trauma Unit After Shooting in Mississauga
- Victim Taken to Trauma Centre Following Shooting in Mississauga
- Victim Taken to Trauma Centre After Shooting in Mississauga
- Paramedics attending after male injured in shooting in Mississauga
- Person transported to trauma centre after shooting in Mississauga
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Warbird planes fly through Mississauga and Brampton skies
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas