PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga
Have you ever been driving through an intersection and thought to yourself, “these roads don’t fully represent the community in which they have been paved?”
If so, you might be excited to hear that an intersection in the Applewood Acres neighbourhood now boasts…apples.
Just got back from watching some Apples being put into Applewood. Special thanks to my collaborator Beryl on this very cool project. The Mavis Yard and the Guild Crew rocked #Mississauga #Ward1 #Applewood #Apples @citymississauga pic.twitter.com/thk6xx3Efb— Stephen Dasko Councillor Ward 1 Mississauga (@DaskoWard1) June 26, 2020
Recently, Ward 1 City Councillor Stephen Dasko took to Twitter to share photos of newly-stencilled apples in the Stanfield Road and Melton Drive intersection.
“Just got back from watching some Apples being put into Applewood. Special thanks to my collaborator Beryl on this very cool project. The Mavis Yard and the Guild Crew rocked.”
The apples (which are not a homage to the massive tech company) offer a cute shoutout to the neighbourhood’s namesake and roots.
According to My Mississauga Home, the Applewood Acres area is located in Mississauga’s Lakeview neighbourhood, which is situated just east of Port Credit. The community runs from the lake to just above the Queensway, and between Cawthra and Etobicoke.
According to My Mississauga Home, the area—not to be confused with Applewood Heights—was named Applewood Acres because the land was once filled with apple orchards.
Cover photo courtesy of Stephen DaskoEditor’s note: This article has been updated from its previous version to reflect that the apples are not located in Applewood Heights. We regret the error.
- 5 Pick-Your-Own Farms Near Mississauga
- UPDATED: Three-Vehicle Crash at Mississauga Intersection
- Mississauga councillors asking for additional councillor in ward boundary review
- PHOTOS: Some Residents Deeply Worried About Massive New Community Planned for Mississauga
- New Conservation Area to be Named in Honour of Late Mississauga Councillor Jim Tovey
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- UPDATE: 82 year old motorcyclist dead following crash in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Hugely popular dessert restaurant coming to Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- GO Train delays expected after person reportedly struck by train