PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga
Have you ever been driving through an intersection and thought to yourself, “these roads don’t fully represent the community in which they have been paved?”
If so, you might be excited to hear that an intersection in the Applewood Acres neighbourhood now boasts…apples.
Just got back from watching some Apples being put into Applewood. Special thanks to my collaborator Beryl on this very cool project. The Mavis Yard and the Guild Crew rocked #Mississauga #Ward1 #Applewood #Apples @citymississauga pic.twitter.com/thk6xx3Efb— Stephen Dasko Councillor Ward 1 Mississauga (@DaskoWard1) June 26, 2020
Recently, Ward 1 City Councillor Stephen Dasko took to Twitter to share photos of newly-stencilled apples in the Stanfield Road and Melton Drive intersection.
“Just got back from watching some Apples being put into Applewood. Special thanks to my collaborator Beryl on this very cool project. The Mavis Yard and the Guild Crew rocked.”
The apples (which are not a homage to the massive tech company) offer a cute shoutout to the neighbourhood’s namesake and roots.
According to My Mississauga Home, the Applewood Acres area is located in Mississauga’s Lakeview neighbourhood, which is situated just east of Port Credit. The community runs from the lake to just above the Queensway, and between Cawthra and Etobicoke.
According to My Mississauga Home, the area—not to be confused with Applewood Heights—was named Applewood Acres because the land was once filled with apple orchards.
Cover photo courtesy of Stephen DaskoEditor’s note: This article has been updated from its previous version to reflect that the apples are not located in Applewood Heights. We regret the error.
- One Mississauga neighbourhood boasts lower-than-average condo prices
- City councillor calls on region to implement program to quell rat infestations in Mississauga neighbourhoods
- 5 Pick-Your-Own Farms Near Mississauga
- UPDATED: Three-Vehicle Crash at Mississauga Intersection
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga secondary school
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga and Brampton grocery stores this week
- BREAKING: Province shortens AstraZeneca second dose to 8 weeks in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Massive rally in Mississauga honours family killed in hate-fueled attack