PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga
Have you ever been driving through an intersection and thought to yourself, “these roads don’t fully represent the community in which they have been paved?”
If so, you might be excited to hear that an intersection in the Applewood Acres neighbourhood now boasts…apples.
Just got back from watching some Apples being put into Applewood. Special thanks to my collaborator Beryl on this very cool project. The Mavis Yard and the Guild Crew rocked #Mississauga #Ward1 #Applewood #Apples @citymississauga pic.twitter.com/thk6xx3Efb— Stephen Dasko Councillor Ward 1 Mississauga (@DaskoWard1) June 26, 2020
Recently, Ward 1 City Councillor Stephen Dasko took to Twitter to share photos of newly-stencilled apples in the Stanfield Road and Melton Drive intersection.
“Just got back from watching some Apples being put into Applewood. Special thanks to my collaborator Beryl on this very cool project. The Mavis Yard and the Guild Crew rocked.”
The apples (which are not a homage to the massive tech company) offer a cute shoutout to the neighbourhood’s namesake and roots.
According to My Mississauga Home, the Applewood Acres area is located in Mississauga’s Lakeview neighbourhood, which is situated just east of Port Credit. The community runs from the lake to just above the Queensway, and between Cawthra and Etobicoke.
According to My Mississauga Home, the area—not to be confused with Applewood Heights—was named Applewood Acres because the land was once filled with apple orchards.
Cover photo courtesy of Stephen DaskoEditor’s note: This article has been updated from its previous version to reflect that the apples are not located in Applewood Heights. We regret the error.
- City councillor calls on region to implement program to quell rat infestations in Mississauga neighbourhoods
- 5 Pick-Your-Own Farms Near Mississauga
- UPDATED: Three-Vehicle Crash at Mississauga Intersection
- PHOTOS: Some Residents Deeply Worried About Massive New Community Planned for Mississauga
- Mississauga councillors asking for additional councillor in ward boundary review
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case