PHOTOS: Holiday Street Market & Light Up the Square at Celebration Square
Well, it looks like Mississauga’s first ever Holiday Street Market was a success, as it attracted approximately 25,000 people throughout the day.
Despite the rain—and there was a lot of it during the day—the crowds came out to be a part of the much-anticipated inaugural event. Aside from the market, attendees also came out to enjoy the city’s annual Light up the Square Christmas tree lighting party. For the second year in a row, Rabba acted as Light up the Square’s title sponsor.
Guests got to enjoy food trucks, a carousel, skating, Santa’s reindeer, artisanal vendors selling one-of-a-kind goods, a marshmallow fire pit, cookie decorating and more.
Insauga.com’s Khaled Iwamura and Jackie Perez were on hand to host the festivities throughout the day and they were accompanied by DJ KI-Motion and DJ FLOZ.
Light up the Square was hosted by Liem Vu from Global News.
Mayor Bonnie Crombie and city councillors were also in attendance.
Here’s a look at some of the day’s highlights!
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Robbery Suspects Flee After Crashing Vehicle in Mississauga
- Teen Caught Driving Insane Speed on 403 in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $5.3 Mil Mansion with Tennis Court
- Woman in Hospital After Stabbing Incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga's First Ever Massive Holiday Street Market is Happening This Weekend
- Massive Holiday Street Market Coming to Mississauga
- Major Holiday Market Returning to Mississauga This Month
- Food Trucks, Skating & Music Light Up the Square!
- Here’s What’s Happening at Mississauga’s Biggest Holiday Celebration This Weekend