PHOTOS: GTA Man Charged After Massive Yogurt Spill on Hwy. 401
It was a yogurt-lover’s dream (or worst nightmare depending on how you look at it) on highway 401 Friday morning.
On Friday June 22, 2018, at around 3:30 a.m., the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) reported a massive yogurt spill on the 401 westbound at Meadowvale.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, a transport truck driver crashed into an electronic sign support post, ripping open the trailer.
A load of yogurt spilled onto the highway.
Multiple lanes were blocked for cleanup all of Friday morning.
No injuries were reported.
A 25-year-old Brampton man is facing careless driving charges after the crash.
Cleanup is ongoing as of noon on Friday.
Collision: #Hwy401 WB near Morningside. Transport truck collided with electronic sign support post ripping open the trailer loaded with yogurt. Multiple lanes blocked on express and collectors, cleanup ongoing. pic.twitter.com/3lFu6GTuQh— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) June 22, 2018
25 year old man from Brampton On. charged with careless driving.— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) June 22, 2018
Transport truck struck a sign post spilling yogurt all over #Hwy401 at Meadowvale Rd, no injuries.
Est. 3 more hours for clean up and reopening pic.twitter.com/y2QhWGkTef
- VIDEO: Transport Truck Rollover Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: 23,000 Litres of Diesel Fuel Spilled on Highway in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Part of 401 Closed in Mississauga After Propane Tanks Fell From Transport Truck
- Part of Major Highway Closed in Mississauga After Truck Jack Knife
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Warbird planes fly through Mississauga and Brampton skies
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas