PHOTOS: Greyhound Bus Bursts into Flames in Mississauga
If you had some trouble on the QEW in the early morning hours of June 24, a significant bus fire could have been the culprit (that, or a multi-car crash that also occurred on the same stretch of highway).
Shortly after 1:30 a.m., the OPP announced that westbound lanes on the QEW were closed at Cawthra Rd. due to a vehicle fire.
The affected stretch of highway reopened shortly after 2:30 a.m.
The stretch of highway was a busy one, as the OPP also reported a three-vehicle collision in the area shortly after 2:00 a.m.
That crash, which took place in the westbound lanes approaching Cawthra Rd., temporarily blocked all lanes.
No injuries were reported in connection with the bus fire.
Photos courtesy of OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt
- Police Seeking Assistance in Locating 5-Year-Old Boy
- Reports Suggest Hamilton Crime Boss Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- Ontario Amber Alert Cancelled After Missing Mississauga Boy Found Safe
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga