PHOTOS: Greyhound Bus Bursts into Flames in Mississauga
If you had some trouble on the QEW in the early morning hours of June 24, a significant bus fire could have been the culprit (that, or a multi-car crash that also occurred on the same stretch of highway).
Shortly after 1:30 a.m., the OPP announced that westbound lanes on the QEW were closed at Cawthra Rd. due to a vehicle fire.
The affected stretch of highway reopened shortly after 2:30 a.m.
The stretch of highway was a busy one, as the OPP also reported a three-vehicle collision in the area shortly after 2:00 a.m.
That crash, which took place in the westbound lanes approaching Cawthra Rd., temporarily blocked all lanes.
No injuries were reported in connection with the bus fire.
Photos courtesy of OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt
- Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Westbound Due To Vehicle Fire
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Westbound Due To Collision In Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Vehicle fire blocking highway lanes in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Crash shuts down all lanes on highway in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Some elderly Brampton and Mississauga residents can get COVID-19 vaccines much sooner than expected
- Brampton parents charged after child's luggage used to smuggle drugs into Mississauga's Pearson Airport
- Property taxes set to rise in Mississauga, councillors agree to a salary freeze
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home