PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
Do you want to party in Square One?
Do you want to party surrounded by over 100 games and multiple dining choices?
Now you can, because the Rec Room officially opens today (March 18).
Over the years—more than 40 of them, in fact—Square One has grown from a more modest place-making destination to a rapidly expanding shopping mecca that’s home to some of the world’s most famous affordable, mid-range and luxury brands.
Mural by local Mississauga artist Brian Leitch
One of the biggest additions to Square One’s roster (and it’s expanding quite rapidly) is the Rec Room, a Cineplex-owned entertainment complex that revealed its plan to open in the shopping centre in 2017.
When that news broke, it was huge. If you haven’t heard of The Rec Room, Cineplex defines it as “Canada’s newest hotspot for ‘Eats and Entertainment.’”
It’s a major (and much loved) entertainment complex that fuses food and activities. The Square One location will take shape in the north end of the complex (right where Target was located) and will occupy about 44,000 square feet of space and two full floors.
As far as food goes, The Rec Room will boast the Three10 restaurant—an upscale casual resto named after Canada's 10 provinces and three territories. The menu will feature wood-fired oven pizza and Canadian-inspired cuisine with a twist.
In fact, the wood fired pizza ovens are very impressive:
The establishment will also feature The Shed, a quick-service food stop that includes a poutinerie that offers such gourmet toppings as roasted chicken, braised beef short rib and wild mushrooms. Some very on-trend and tasty doughnuts can also be found at The Shed.
The Hall live entertainment space
Guests who want to drink can also check out a bar area that boasts a few big screens that will broadcast sporting events. As far as drinks go, Cineplex says there will be multiple bars throughout the space that will serve wine and over 32 draft beers (including a few local craft brews).
As far as activities go, the location will also feature The Yard—an attractions area that will offer almost 100 amusement games. Credits earned while gaming are tracked on RFID wristbands and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case for a variety of prizes, including retro candy, drones, whisky stones, portable speakers and more.
The Trophy Case
Other attractions include virtual reality space The Void and a four-lane bowling area (which is not available in Toronto).
Guests can also check out race car simulators, air hockey, pool and ping pong. There will also be a performance space offering both live and programmed entertainment.
The rare Atari Pong game
The facility also offers axe throwing.
Multiple private dining rooms will also be available for guests interested in booking parties.
The Rec Room officially opens at 3:00 p.m. today.
The Rec Room operates other locations in South Edmonton, Toronto, West Edmonton Mall, Deerfoot City, Calgary and London.
- PHOTOS: First Look at the Massive Rec Room Entertainment Facility Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Massive New Entertainment Complex Coming to Square One Target Location in Mississauga
- You’ll Soon be Able to go Bowling in Square One in Mississauga
- One-of-a-Kind Virtual Reality Experience Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Massive theatre and entertainment complex coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton