PHOTOS: Firefighter Injured While Fighting Blaze at Mississauga Deli
An overnight blaze that injured one firefighter has gutted a popular Halal meat shop in Mississauga.
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services Chief Daniel Ennamorato said that emergency crews were called to the scene of the fire at 1:45 a.m.
The fire engulfed Chop Shop, a meat shop located at 592 Rathburn Rd. W.
"When we got there we saw the fire was through the windows and the roof. It was upgraded to a second alarm fire," says Ennamorato.
Ennamorato said one firefighter sustained minor injuries after twisting his knee on a ladder. He was transported to hospital and released at 8:00 a.m. this morning.
Ennamorato says the fire was contained within the unit, but that surrounding units suffered smoke and water damage.
Approximately $500,000 worth of damage is estimated to have occurred.
The blaze was under control as of 2:45 a.m.
The cause of the blaze is currently under investigation.
No other injuries were reported in connection with the blaze, and there are currently no road closures in the area.
Photos courtesy of The 4K Guy
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Multiple Popular Restaurants Affected by Massive Fire
- Emergency Crews on Scene at Apartment Fire in Mississauga
- Fire Crews Sent to Blaze in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fire Starts Back Up at Heart Sushi in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Firefighters Battling a Massive Blaze in Mississauga
- Mississauga man wins the jackpot lottery thought it was a hoax
- Paid sick leave coming for Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario workers, says Premier Ford
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel Police chase a suspect in Brampton
- Flights from India and Pakistan suspended for 30 days to Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection