PHOTOS: Driver charged after vehicle falls through ice in Hamilton
Police and paramedics responded to a recent vehicle incident in Hamilton.
Around 10:30 p.m. on Friday, February 5, officers arrived at Bayfront Park after a vehicle drove off the Bayfront Boat Launch and fell through the ice.
The male driver was safely recovered from the vehicle with no injuries. There were no other occupants.
Police believe this was an impaired driving situation, and the driver has been charged accordingly.
Crews continue to work on removing the vehicle from the water this morning.
Pickup truck through the ice and submerged in the water, after the driver drove several hundred feet off the Bayfront Boat Launch in Hamilton. Male assessed by @HPS_Paramedics, possibly impaired. #HamOnt pic.twitter.com/Dv8MDjwaxP— DR (@Media371) February 6, 2021
- Driver Arrested With Stolen Property After Single-Vehicle Collision In Mississauga
- GO Bus Driver Detained at Square One for Impaired Driving in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested For Driving Malfunctioning Vehicle While Impaired
- Vehicle Seized After Police Stop Speeding Driver in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU