PHOTOS: Driver Arrested After Highway Crash Injures Six in Mississauga
There’s a major highway closure as officers investigate a crash this morning.
Police got a call at 4:00 a.m. for two vehicles involved in a collision on the QEW eastbound at Hurontario, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Both vehicles rolled over.
“One of the vehicles punched right through the guide rail, causing significant damage,” Schmidt says.
Several other vehicles were struck by debris and damaged as well.
Police have arrested the driver of one of the vehicles, who was not accompanied by any passengers. He is charged with impaired driving causing bodily harm and is currently in hospital with minor injuries.
The other vehicle was carrying five people, who have all been hospitalized. Two were taken to a trauma centre in Toronto in critical but not life-threatening condition.
The QEW is closed eastbound between Hurontario and Cawthra. One westbound lane remains closed as clean up continues.
Closures are expected to last until 11:00 a.m., Schmidt reports.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area and take other routes.
The investigation is ongoing and police are seeking witnesses.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Port Credit OPP at 905-278-6131.
Photos courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- City fining contractor after snow plow takes out garbage bins in Mississauga
- Multiple sick coyotes spotted in Mississauga
- Man celebrating enormous multi-million jackpot lotto win in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Vehicle Travelling Wrong Way Involved in Fatal Crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Major Collision On Highway 401 Eastbound Causing Delays In Mississauga
- Driver Charged After Fleeing From Police in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Several injured in multi-vehicle highway crash in Mississauga