PHOTOS: Check Out What Hazel McCallion Did Just Days Before She Turns 98
It’s no secret that Hazel McCallion is still leading a surprisingly active lifestyle well into her 90’s, and her most recent experience only solidifies that fact.
Earlier today (Saturday, February 9), the former mayor attended the newly-opened Hub Climbing in Mississauga to participate in some rock climbing.
“Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion proved that climbing is for all ages at the opening, taking on the climbing walls just a week before her 98th birthday,” the facility said in a recent statement.
McCallion was also accompanied by Mayor Bonnie Crombie and Mississauga Centre MPP Natalia Kusendova.
“As a health care professional, I recognize the benefits that physical activity can bring not only to a person’s physical health and well-being, but also their mental health and resilience building,” Kusendova said.
The new Hub Climbing location officially opened its doors today as the largest climbing gym in the country, boasting a facility of more than 30,500 square feet.
The facility offers multiple rock climbing options including speed walls, bouldering, and roped climbing, and also offers private teaching for beginners wanting to pick up the hobby.
“Everyone at Hub Climbing is proud of our new facility and what it can do to grow our sport and support climbing in the community,” said Hub Climbing co-owner Steven Brown.
“This facility is designed for every level of expertise. It’s a welcoming place for people interested in climbing and bouldering to give it a try, for beginners to learn the sport, and for experts to challenge their skills.”
For more information on the new facility, check out their website at hubclimbing.com.
Photos courtesy of Hub Climbing
- One of a Kind Climbing and Fitness Facility Now Open in Mississauga
- Massive Rock Climbing Facility Set to Open This Fall in Mississauga
- Five Reasons Why Mississauga’s Hub Climbing is Perfect for Kids and Families
- 5 Best indoor rock climbing facilities outside Mississauga
- Everything You Need to Know About a One-of-a-Kind New Climbing and Fitness Gym in Mississauga
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- Over 5,000 homes and businesses without power in Mississauga
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- She picked up a ticket on a whim and won a big lotto prize in Mississauga
- Hotspot vaccines for over 18 crowd not ready to roll in Mississauga and Brampton