PHOTOS: Aftermath of Fatal Highway Crash in Mississauga
Police have released photos of the aftermath of a serious crash in Mississauga.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, March 31, paramedics were called to the scene of a collision on westbound Highway 403 between Winston Churchill Boulevard and the 407.
Six ambulances were called to the area.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene, while five other patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Aanother person involved in the incident refused to be transported to hospital, according to Peel paramedics superintendent Steve Walker.
Highway 403, which was temporarily closed westbound at Winston Churchill due to the crash, has since fully reopened.
“Factors surrounding the collision are still under investigation,” says OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Multiple vehicle fatal collision closes a portion of #Hwy403 in #Mississauga this morning. #Hwy403 westbound at Winston Churchill Blvd. Has since fully re-opened. Factors surrounding the collision are still under investigation. #SlowDown#DriveAccordingToRoadAndWeatherConditions pic.twitter.com/VpNXSIQ4b4— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) March 31, 2019
Photos via Sgt Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- One Person Dead and Six in Hospital After Early Morning Crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Mississauga Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401
- UPDATE: Woman Dead After Highway Collision in Mississauga
- One Person Sent to Hospital After Three-Car Crash on 403 in Mississauga