PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
Yesterday, a mass vaccination clinic officially opened at the University of Toronto--Mississauga (UTM) campus in Mississauga and some photos of the space were released to herald its arrival.
On March 1, Premier Doug Ford, retired General Rick Hillier, Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie and Dr. Lawrence Loh, Peel’s Medical Officer of Health, announced the opening of Trillium Health Partners’ (THP) mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic in Mississauga.
Created in partnership between THP, UTM and Peel Public Health, the clinic will administer up to 2,000 vaccinations per day by the end of March and can grow to 4,000 per day in subsequent phases.
In a news release, THP said the new COVID-19 vaccine clinic, located at UTM’s Recreation, Athletics and Wellness Centre (RAWC), “provides convenient community access with ample space that enables vaccine clinic staff to safely, efficiently and quickly accelerate vaccination capacity over the coming weeks.”
The clinic operates from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, including holidays.
COVID-19 vaccines will be administered to priority groups by scheduled appointment only and walk-ins will not be permitted. Residents who are 80 years of age and older (those born in 1941 or earlier) can learn how to pre-register by clicking here.
An online and phone booking system will be available in the coming days.
THP and Peel Public Health will continue to provide vaccinations to other priority groups such as long-term care and retirement home residents and frontline health care workers at hospital sites and other approved clinics.
“I would like to thank THP and UTM for launching the first mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga today and for the Region of Peel’s support in helping us get here. It's an incredible example of our partners working together to support the community at a critical time,” said Crombie in a statement.
“It is so important that over the coming weeks we continue to ramp up vaccinations in order to protect our elderly residents, our schools, our hospitals and other vulnerable residents."
All photos courtesy of THP
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Halton Health opens new vaccination clinic in Burlington
- St Catharines university holding mass vaccination clinic
- Hamilton's FirstOntario Centre to be used as large-scale COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Vaccination clinic for MiWay and essential City of Mississauga employees launching next week
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say
- New retail and commercial development proposed in Burlington
- Temporary DriveTest Centres coming soon to Mississauga, Hamilton and elsewhere to address backlog