Peel Regional Police enforcing Province's mandate that all non-essential businesses close
Recently, the Province announced what is and isn’t an essential service, and ordered all other businesses close as of March 24.
In order to enforce the Province’s mandate, Peel Regional Police has set up a tip line that residents can call—905-453-3311—if they notice a non-essential business that is not adhering to the Province’s instructions.
“As we continue to combat this pandemic we are working with the Public Health office and other partners to reduce the spread of COVID-19. This new normal requires us to be adaptable to find the best outcome, which includes adhering to the advice of health experts”, Chief Nishan Duraiappah said in a news release.
- Peel Public Health advises all non-essential businesses and event venues to close in Mississauga
- Health care association urging province to impose more stringent restrictions on non-essential businesses
- Trillium Health Partners rescheduling non-essential surgeries to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Province launches hotline for businesses with questions about closures
- BREAKING: Doug Ford to order closure of all non-essential businesses in Ontario
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- One person in hospital and multiple lanes closed following crash on 401 in Mississauga