Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
Ontario is reporting 3,065 new cases of COVID-19 today and eight more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 955 new cases in Toronto, 561 in Peel Region, and 320 in York Region.
She also says there are 165 new cases in Ottawa and 132 in Niagara Region.
Ontario says 1,976 cases have been resolved since the last update.
The Ministry of Health says that 1,161 people are hospitalized due to COVID-19 but it notes that 10 per cent of hospitals did not submit data.
There are 510 people in intensive care because of the virus and 310 on a ventilator.
Today's data is based on 37,500 completed tests.
Ontario says 76,199 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were administered since Monday's report.
A total of 2,621,839 vaccine doses have been administered in the province.
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 1,546 new cases of COVID-19, 329 cases in Peel
- Peel Region reports 164 new cases of COVID-19 today
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga