Peel Region reports 225 new cases of COVID-19 today
There are 225 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon today.
These totals for Peel Region are the second most cases in Ontario.
Toronto has the most cases today with 371 people testing positive for the virus.
Across Ontario, the number of infected people today is 1,371.
Other areas nearby show 111 new cases in York Region and 109 in Hamilton.
Health Minister Christine Elliott reports that 1,110 more cases of the novel coronavirus were resolved.
More than 64,600 tests were completed since Thursday's update.
Ontario says that 43,503 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were administered since the last daily report.
A total of 1,062,910 doses of vaccine have been administered in the province so far.
A pilot project offering COVID-19 vaccines in pharmacies was expanding more broadly Friday.
Pharmacies in Toronto, Windsor and Kingston health units are offering Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines to residents between the ages of 60 to 64.
Justin Bates of the Ontario Pharmacists' Association says interest in the pilot has been overwhelming.
Individual pharmacies are using their own booking systems and Bates says people should check online before calling due to high call volumes.
With files from The Canadian Press
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- New cases of COVID-19 in Ontario show positive trend, Peel Region still second most affected area
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports lowest COVID numbers since October as Peel Region stays under 200 cases today
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Police responding to males trying to jump from bridge into Credit River in Mississauga