Peel Region reporting 784 new cases of COVID-19 in Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon—7.4 per cent decrease from previous day
The Region of Peel is reporting 784 new COVID-19 cases as of Friday (May 7).
This puts the Region on pace to surpass six figures of cases Saturday (May 8), bringing the total for the Region to 99,511 cases. Of these, 93,818 have recovered, while 4,973 are still pending, 2,742 have been hospitalized, and 721 have died.
As of Friday, 59.8 per cent of cases are in Brampton, 35.8 per cent are in Mississauga, and just four per cent are in Caledon.
The median age for cases in Peel is 36, and residents in their 20's continue to make up most of the cases at 24.2 per cent, followed by those in their 30's--who make up 17.1 per cent of cases, those in their 40's--who make up 14.5 per cent, and those in their 50's who make up 14.1 per cent.
The Province is reporting 3,166 new cases on Friday--the second day the number of new cases has been over 3,000 after seeing a dip in new cases earlier in the week--as well as 23 new deaths. This brings Ontario’s total cases to 486,223.
Additionally, the Province is reporting another 144,724 vaccinations on Thursday (May 6), bringing the total number of vaccinations to 5,885,485, with 387,484 residents having been fully vaccinated.
- Peel Region reporting 442 new COVID-19 cases, 59.7 per cent in Brampton and 35.9 per cent in Mississauga
- Peel Region reporting 543 new COVID-19 cases, 59.8 per cent in Brampton and 35.8 per cent in Mississauga
- Peel reporting 870 new COVID-19 cases, 59.9 per cent in Brampton and 35.7 per cent in Mississauga
- Peel Region reporting 846 new cases of COVID-19 in Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon
- Peel Region reporting 550 new cases of COVID-19, 331 in Brampton and 196 in Mississauga
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Geese causing major traffic jam at intersection in Brampton by Costco
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot