Peel Region Offers Free Confidential Paper Shredding in Mississauga
If you have confidential papers you've been meaning to shred after all of your Spring cleaning, you're in luck!
Peel Region is offering four free confidential paper shredding events throughout May and June this year at various Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) across the region.
“As residents are Spring cleaning, this is an excellent chance to dispose of confidential papers safely and securely when they are dropping off other items to their local CRCs,” says Kelly Sousa-Dias, acting manager of the Region's Waste Operations.
Residents can take unbound paper - such as taxes, bills, income statements and personal information - to the confidential paper shredding events on the following dates:
June 3 - Bolton CRC, 109 Industrial Road, Caledon (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
June 17 - Heart Lake CRC, 420 Railside Drive, Brampton (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
June 24 - Fewster CRC, 1126 Fewster Drive, Mississauga (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Regular fees apply to all other items.
A note that there will be no cart exchanges - for garbage, recycling or organics carts - at any of these events.
- Confidential Paper Shredding Available Soon for Mississauga Residents
- Changes coming to garbage and recycling rules and procedures in Mississauga
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- More changes coming to garbage and recycling rules in Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Region of Peel Asking Residents to Avoid Common Recycling Mistake
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga