Peel Region again has the highest number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
There are 517 new cases of COVID-19 in Peel Region today, part of a record breaking number in Ontario.
Across the province there is 1,855 new cases which sets the new high.
The Peel Region, which recently has been accounting for about a third of the cases in the province, is again today the most infected area. Toronto follows with 494 new cases, 189 in York Region, 130 in Halton Region and 82 in Hamilton.
Ontario numbers reveal a seven day average of 1,489 new cases today, again these numbers are the highest since cases from been recorded when the pandemic began last February.
In total, there are 13,255 people dealing with cases of COVID today. There are 541 patients currently in hospital to receive treatment, 151 are in intensive care and 101 people are being ventilated.
Twenty people have died in Ontario the past 24 hours as a result of the COVID-19.
Ontario schools show 122 infections of which 99 are students. Outbreaks have led to the closure of six schools.
- Peel Region has highest number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario today
- Peel Region has over 500 new COVID-19 cases today as Ontario sets new record
- Ontario sees significant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady
- Peel Region sets record high for COVID-19 cases today
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario