Peel orders closure of eight businesses including a bank and hotel in Mississauga and Brampton
Eight businesses in Mississauga and Brampton were ordered to close over the weekend due to outbreaks of COVID-19.
On Saturday (May 8), Radial Inc., located at 6100 Freemont Boulevard in Mississauga; Hampton Inn & Suites, located at 3279 Caroga Drive in Mississauga; and Menasha Packaging, located at 240 Summerlea Road in Brampton were instructed to partially close by Peel Public Health (PPH).
Additionally, Quest Steel Inc., located at 6089 Shawson Drive in Mississauga; B & R Machine Co Ltd., located at 5599 McAdam Road in Mississauga; TD Canada Trust, located at 1585 Mississauga Valley Boulevard in Mississauga, Axium Packaging, located at 1200 Meyerside Drive in Mississauga; and Pro-Poly Custom Plywood, located at 1195 Clark Boulevard in Brampton, were ordered to close completely by PPH.
According to PPH’s website, a business will be instructed to close if five or more employees test positive for the virus within two weeks.
Closures may be full or partial--full closures involve the entire workplace’s premises, while partial closures may involve the mass dismissal of a shift or work area.
“Closures will allow Peel Public Health to stop further spread of COVID-19 between employees while cases in the workplace are investigated,” reads PPH’s website.
- Peel Public Health orders closure of three Mississauga businesses due to outbreaks of COVID-19
- Business in Brampton ordered to close due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Peel Public Health orders Mississauga business to close due to outbreak of COVID-19
- Pair of businesses in Mississauga and Brampton partially closed due to outbreaks of COVID-19
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Geese causing major traffic jam at intersection in Brampton by Costco
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot