Peel public health continues taking safety measures amid COVID-19 concerns
Amid news about the global novel coronavirus (COVID-19), it has caused worry for parents across Ontario.
As a result, Peel Public Health has shared a letter with families regarding the COVID-19 identification process.
The letter provided clarification on the process they are currently undertaking to identify, assess, contact and help individuals who are testing positive for COVID-19.
It also outlined the processes in place to protect the community.
Peel Public Health and all provincial health units are in constant contact with local laboratories responsible for testing individuals who have symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Health units, like Peel Public Health, are immediately notified by laboratories should a positive case be detected.
If a positive case is detected, it will undergo thorough investigations that are conducted to determine if there may have been a risk of exposure to others either in business, a public place or an education setting.
The overall risk to Ontario and Peel residents still remains low and the Peel District School Board has not received any new direction from public health agencies to call upon any new proactive measures in Peel board schools and worksites in the help against the spread of COVID-19.
Currently, none of the public health authorities locally, provincially, or anywhere in Canada are recommending the closure of schools.
Peel Public Health reminds parents, caregivers and students that we continue to work with all Peel school board partners closely, including the Peel District School Board (PDSB) in the event of a case to minimize any risk to others.
For more information about COVID-19, visit www.peelschools.org/coronavirus or Peel Public Health’s website .
- Peel Public Health says people who visited Peel Tim Hortons location not at heightened risk of COVID-19 exposure
- Peel Public Health outlines changes to COVID-related protocols in Mississauga schools
- Peel Public Health confirms first case of COVID-19 in Mississauga
- Peel Public Health investigates after local workplace exposed to coronavirus
- Peel Public Health provides updated information on coronavirus
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new high of over 1,000 new COVID-19 cases today