Peel police's Explosive Disposal Unit responds after large flare located in Mississauga
If you heard any loud booming noises earlier today in southwest Mississauga, you’ll be relieved to know it was a relatively minor incident.
Peel police say a large flare was located today in the area of Lakeshore Rd W and Winston Churchill Blvd.
PRP’s Explosive Disposal Unit (EDU) was called to the scene in order to detonate it.
“So if you heard loud booms, that is what it was all about,” said police.
No injuries were reported and there’s no public safety concern at this time.
- Pedestrian struck on Winston Churchill Blvd causing delays
- Hamilton Police Service launches new Traffic Safety Unit
- Police on scene after gunfire heard in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Public Assistance Identifying Man Located in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket
- Lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke when he heard ‘Big Winner’
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton