Peel police's Explosive Disposal Unit responds after large flare located in Mississauga
If you heard any loud booming noises earlier today in southwest Mississauga, you’ll be relieved to know it was a relatively minor incident.
Peel police say a large flare was located today in the area of Lakeshore Rd W and Winston Churchill Blvd.
PRP’s Explosive Disposal Unit (EDU) was called to the scene in order to detonate it.
“So if you heard loud booms, that is what it was all about,” said police.
No injuries were reported and there’s no public safety concern at this time.
- Pedestrian struck on Winston Churchill Blvd causing delays
- Hamilton Police Service launches new Traffic Safety Unit
- Police on scene after gunfire heard in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Public Assistance Identifying Man Located in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga