Peel Police Warning Mississauga Residents To Beware of Dangerous Substance
Police are warning residents in Brampton and Mississauga to be aware of a dangerous substance that was recently seized by authorities.
Peel police just announced that recent seizures of narcotics have been confirmed to contain combinations of substances such as fentanyl and carfentanyl.
Police say these substances are posing an additional risk to public safety.
"Investigators are seeing a trend with drugs being mixed with Fentanyl and carfentanyl," police said in a news release.
"Officers engaging in drug investigations have reported a recent seizure of narcotics that was confirmed by Health and Welfare Canada as containing an extremely potent mixture of four different substances which included; heroin, cocaine, carfentanyl and fentanyl. These drugs are manufactured illegally and in ways that cause inconsistency in potency. This process makes the combination of drugs unpredictable and increasingly life threatening for users."
Peel police say they are committed to saving lives by making efforts to remove the drugs from the streets and keep unsuspecting users from being affected by them.
Anyone who suffers—or is with someone who suffers—a serious health event in relation to potentially lethal drugs is advised to call 9-1-1 immediately.
Anyone with information in relation to the production and sale of illicit narcotics is urged to call the Vice, Narcotics, and Street Level Organized Crime Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3515.
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Police say laced drugs could be a factor in deaths of three men in Mississauga condo
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Police report six drug overdoses and two deaths recently in Mississauga and Brampton
- Police Allegedly Find Drugs and Gun in Mississauga Residence
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant