Peel Police Warning Mississauga Residents To Beware of Dangerous Substance
Police are warning residents in Brampton and Mississauga to be aware of a dangerous substance that was recently seized by authorities.
Peel police just announced that recent seizures of narcotics have been confirmed to contain combinations of substances such as fentanyl and carfentanyl.
Police say these substances are posing an additional risk to public safety.
"Investigators are seeing a trend with drugs being mixed with Fentanyl and carfentanyl," police said in a news release.
"Officers engaging in drug investigations have reported a recent seizure of narcotics that was confirmed by Health and Welfare Canada as containing an extremely potent mixture of four different substances which included; heroin, cocaine, carfentanyl and fentanyl. These drugs are manufactured illegally and in ways that cause inconsistency in potency. This process makes the combination of drugs unpredictable and increasingly life threatening for users."
Peel police say they are committed to saving lives by making efforts to remove the drugs from the streets and keep unsuspecting users from being affected by them.
Anyone who suffers—or is with someone who suffers—a serious health event in relation to potentially lethal drugs is advised to call 9-1-1 immediately.
Anyone with information in relation to the production and sale of illicit narcotics is urged to call the Vice, Narcotics, and Street Level Organized Crime Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3515.
- CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Peel Police Find Missing Mississauga Woman
- Police Seeking Public's Help in Locating Missing Woman Last Seen in Mississauga
- Top 5 Filipino Restaurants in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Police Advise Safety Concern After Fentanyl Stolen from Vehicle in Mississauga
- Peel Paramedics Asking Public's Help in Locating Missing Narcotics
- Fentanyl-Related Deaths Increasing in Mississauga
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs