Peel Police to announce break-up of street racing ring
A crackdown on organized street racing will be announced today by Peel Regional Police.
Termed Operation Drift, police will provide information on an investigation into highly organized and co-ordinated car racing along city streets that has led to criminal charges.
Police in Peel along with counterparts from the OPP and York Regional Police will detail how a number of search warrants were carried out in the region and in Toronto leading to numerous arrests.
Details to follow later in the day.
- Police Launch Special Project to Eliminate Street Racing in Mississauga and Peel
- Police make multiple arrests in drifting and street racing investigation
- Peel Regional Police officer facing number of criminal charges
- Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer
- Mississauga and Ontario residents will be told how many COVID-19 cases are in unvaccinated people, province promises