Peel Police to announce break-up of street racing ring
A crackdown on organized street racing will be announced today by Peel Regional Police.
Termed Operation Drift, police will provide information on an investigation into highly organized and co-ordinated car racing along city streets that has led to criminal charges.
Police in Peel along with counterparts from the OPP and York Regional Police will detail how a number of search warrants were carried out in the region and in Toronto leading to numerous arrests.
Details to follow later in the day.
- Police Launch Special Project to Eliminate Street Racing in Mississauga and Peel
- Police make multiple arrests in drifting and street racing investigation
- Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Police ticket street racers and spectators at mall parking lot in Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19