Peel Police to announce break-up of street racing ring
A crackdown on organized street racing will be announced today by Peel Regional Police.
Termed Operation Drift, police will provide information on an investigation into highly organized and co-ordinated car racing along city streets that has led to criminal charges.
Police in Peel along with counterparts from the OPP and York Regional Police will detail how a number of search warrants were carried out in the region and in Toronto leading to numerous arrests.
Details to follow later in the day.
- Police Launch Special Project to Eliminate Street Racing in Mississauga and Peel
- Police make multiple arrests in drifting and street racing investigation
- Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Police ticket street racers and spectators at mall parking lot in Mississauga
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday