Peel Police to announce break-up of street racing ring
A crackdown on organized street racing will be announced today by Peel Regional Police.
Termed Operation Drift, police will provide information on an investigation into highly organized and co-ordinated car racing along city streets that has led to criminal charges.
Police in Peel along with counterparts from the OPP and York Regional Police will detail how a number of search warrants were carried out in the region and in Toronto leading to numerous arrests.
Details to follow later in the day.
- Police Launch Special Project to Eliminate Street Racing in Mississauga and Peel
- Police make multiple arrests in drifting and street racing investigation
- Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Police ticket street racers and spectators at mall parking lot in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga