Peel police seize loaded firearm during recent arrest
Police say they’ve seized a firearm and are searching for another male following a recent arrest.
Investigators received information about a suspect wanted for failing to comply with a court order in relation to firearm, robbery, and prostitution charges.
Around 3:15 p.m. on Friday, October 23, investigators located the suspect in the area of Church Street and Bloor Street in Toronto.
“Shaimar Stanberry, a 24-year-old man from Toronto, was arrested on the strength of the outstanding warrant,” said police.
“During a vehicle search, police located a loaded Glock pistol.”
Stanberry is charged with Fail to Comply with Court Order and Knowledge of Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle.
He was held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Friday.
Police say a second male associated with the vehicle fled on foot and are asking for help in identifying him.
He’s described as a black male, six feet tall, with a thin build, last seen wearing a black and white hooded sweater.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Peel police’s Vice and Human Trafficking Team at 905-453-2121, ext. 3555.
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Locate Drugs and Loaded Firearm
- Police seize loaded gun during house party investigation in Mississauga