Peel Police Searching For Man Involved In Huge Real Estate Fraud
Officers from the Fraud Bureau are currently investigating an incident that took place in 2016.
Between 2016 and 2017, the victims in this incident were befriended and encouraged to invest in the suspects real estate business. The victims invested a combined total of $500,000 with the suspect. Despite repeated promises of returning the money, none of the victims had any of their investments returned and investigators believe that none of the investments were used as indicated.
Officers have been attempting to locate the suspect but have not had success in doing so.
As a result, Vatsal Khamar, a 32-year-old man from Toronto is wanted for four counts of fraud over $5000 and theft of mail.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Khamar is asked to contact investigators at (905) 453-3311 ext. 3335 or Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Peel Police Seeking Public’s Help in Fraud Investigation
- WARNING: Debit Card Fraud In Taxi Cabs in Mississauga
- Suspect Sought After Uttering Threats to Multiple Victims
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Multiple Counts of Theft and Fraud
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $4.8 mil mansion with glorious wine cellar
- Design of post-CERB benefits could change as pandemic shifts course, minister says