Peel Police Ready For New Year's Drunk Drivers
Peel police are cracking down on drunk and drugged drivers across Mississauga and Brampton heading into New Year's.
There's "zero tolerance" this weekend, said Const. Bally Saini.
Don’t say you weren’t warned.
That means RIDE officers will be out in full force with spot checks across both cities.
The annual campaign involves dedicated officers focused on impaired enforcement, ending Jan. 2.
More than 400 drivers were nabbed in the six-week 2016 campaign.
Keep in mind, RIDE spotchecks run all year — the first major one of 2018 will be for Super Bowl weekend.
Impaired driving remains the leading cause of criminal death in Canada, said Saini.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Ontario Government Announces Buck a Beer by Labour Day
- Unique New Food Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated American Store Will Be Opening Its First Mississauga Location
- Popular American Store Coming to Mississauga Very Soon
- Several Drivers Arrested During First Half of Impaired Driving Blitz
- Here's How Many Impaired Drivers OPP Took Off the Road
- R.I.D.E. Out in Full Force for Super Bowl Weekend in Mississauga
- Multiple People Arrested During First Weekend of Impaired Driving Blitz
- Hundreds of Impaired Driving Charges Laid in OPP Festive RIDE