Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
A Peel Regional Police officer is facing a sexual assault charge stemming from an alleged incident that occurred earlier this year.
Tony Loparco, the director of the Special Investigations Unit (SIU), has determined that a charge be laid against an officer in connection to an incident that reportedly occurred in May of 2017.
The SIU says it was contacted by Peel police on May 27 regarding a complaint of a sexual nature against the 45-year-old Constable Kevin McCulloch.
The SIU says the alleged assault reportedly occurred in the spring against a woman. The SIU invoked its mandate as a result.
As a result of the SIU investigation, McCulloch is facing one count of sexual assault.
He will in court on Dec. 4.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: One Man Dead Following Collision in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here’s What’s Happening with Mississauga’s Biggest Residential Development
- Celebration Square Releases 2019 Movie Lineup
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- Former Peel Cop Convicted of Serious Fraud Now Charged with Sexual Assault
- Police Charge Massage Therapist Who Worked in Mississauga with Sexual Assault