Peel police officer charged with assault
Investigators from Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Bureau have arrested and charged Constable Sean Osborne #2850, a 16-year member of the service.
Peel Regional Police commenced an investigation on November 20, 2019, into an allegation of an assault by the officer while he was effecting an arrest on November 14, 2019.
As a result of this investigation, Constable Osborne was charged with one count of Assault and one count of Attempt to Obstruct Justice.
"Upon receiving this information, investigators from the Professional Standards Bureau immediately commenced an investigation. I would like to assure the public that any allegations of an unlawful act carried out by our members will be investigated quickly and thoroughly" said Chief Nishan Duraiappah.
Constable Osborne is currently suspended with pay pursuant to the Police Services Act and he is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice.
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new high of over 1,000 new COVID-19 cases today