Peel police officer charged with assault
Investigators from Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Bureau have arrested and charged Constable Sean Osborne #2850, a 16-year member of the service.
Peel Regional Police commenced an investigation on November 20, 2019, into an allegation of an assault by the officer while he was effecting an arrest on November 14, 2019.
As a result of this investigation, Constable Osborne was charged with one count of Assault and one count of Attempt to Obstruct Justice.
"Upon receiving this information, investigators from the Professional Standards Bureau immediately commenced an investigation. I would like to assure the public that any allegations of an unlawful act carried out by our members will be investigated quickly and thoroughly" said Chief Nishan Duraiappah.
Constable Osborne is currently suspended with pay pursuant to the Police Services Act and he is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice.
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Police investigating reports of shots being fired in Mississauga
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic