Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police’s Professional Standards Bureau have arrested and charged Constable Dawid (David) Chilicki.
On June 24, Peel Regional Police investigated an allegation of an assault committed by Constable Chilicki while off duty. As a result of the investigation, Constable Chilicki was charged with one count of assault and one count of mischief under five thousand. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on June 25.
“We take these allegations very seriously. Once the complaint was received through the Professional Standards Bureau, I ordered an investigation into the conduct of the officer” said Chief Chris McCord.
Constable Chilicki has been a member of the service for nine years.
- What's Open and Closed on Thanksgiving Day in Mississauga
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Mississauga on Thanksgiving
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga