Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police’s Professional Standards Bureau have arrested and charged Constable Dawid (David) Chilicki.
On June 24, Peel Regional Police investigated an allegation of an assault committed by Constable Chilicki while off duty. As a result of the investigation, Constable Chilicki was charged with one count of assault and one count of mischief under five thousand. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on June 25.
“We take these allegations very seriously. Once the complaint was received through the Professional Standards Bureau, I ordered an investigation into the conduct of the officer” said Chief Chris McCord.
Constable Chilicki has been a member of the service for nine years.
- All lanes blocked due to highway crash on QEW
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Mississauga mayor to ask Peel’s top doctor to explore how the city might emerge from Stage 2 Lite next month