Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police’s Professional Standards Bureau have arrested and charged Constable Dawid (David) Chilicki.
On June 24, Peel Regional Police investigated an allegation of an assault committed by Constable Chilicki while off duty. As a result of the investigation, Constable Chilicki was charged with one count of assault and one count of mischief under five thousand. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on June 25.
“We take these allegations very seriously. Once the complaint was received through the Professional Standards Bureau, I ordered an investigation into the conduct of the officer” said Chief Chris McCord.
Constable Chilicki has been a member of the service for nine years.
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- All residents of Mississauga, Brampton 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second
- Cyclist killed on Hwy. 50 in Brampton, road closed for several hours
- Square One serving up mall food in new outdoor patio dining area