Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police’s Professional Standards Bureau have arrested and charged Constable Dawid (David) Chilicki.
On June 24, Peel Regional Police investigated an allegation of an assault committed by Constable Chilicki while off duty. As a result of the investigation, Constable Chilicki was charged with one count of assault and one count of mischief under five thousand. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on June 25.
“We take these allegations very seriously. Once the complaint was received through the Professional Standards Bureau, I ordered an investigation into the conduct of the officer” said Chief Chris McCord.
Constable Chilicki has been a member of the service for nine years.
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office