Peel police make arrest in child luring investigation
Peel police, with assistance from the Waterloo Regional Police, have arrested and charged a man in a child luring investigation.
Police say that officers from the Internet Child Exploitation Unit launched an investigation into a male who was allegedly communicating online between June 17, 2019, and June 11, 2020, with someone he believed to be less than 16 years of age, for a sexual purpose.
According to police, the accused used the following display and usernames on various popular messaging and social media platforms:
- John (with smiley face emoji beside the name)
- John Snyde
- Kwguy34 [at] gmail [dot] com
Police say that on Thursday, June 11, 2020, 40-year-old Waterloo man Bradley Brian Scott was arrested and charged with luring a child to commit invitation to sexual touching, luring a child to distribute sexually explicit material, and luring a child to attempt to make child pornography.
He appeared in court for a bail hearing on Friday, June 12, 2020.
Anyone with information is asked to contact investigators with the Internet Child Exploitation Unit at 905-453-2121 ext. 3490.
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To A Child Luring Investigation
- Toronto man arrested in connection to child luring investigation in Peel Region
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Mississauga man facing child pornography charges
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators