UPDATED: Peel Police Investigating Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
A driver is on the run after a male pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in Mississauga on Monday morning.
“It’s still early in the investigation,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
The incident took place near Mississauga Valley Blvd. and Bloor St. at 7:55 a.m.
Paramedics treated a 76-year-old man before taking him to local hospital with serious injuries.
The suspect vehicle is a newer model silver Dodge minivan, which was last seen on Mississauga Valley Blvd., say police.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
UPDATED: Police said at 4:48 p.m. that the vehicle is actually an SUV similar to a silver Dodge Journey. It may have front-end damage.
- Driver struck by vehicle after altercation with other driver: Peel police
- Pedestrian in Hospital After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed By Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Mississauga
- Police Responding to Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Alternating the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines causes frequent mild to moderate symptoms but safe
- Mississauga, Brampton residents will have to stay home two more weeks, outoor activities will begin on June 2
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- Cake purchased at Farm Boy in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville faces recall
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run