UPDATED: Peel Police Investigating Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
A driver is on the run after a male pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in Mississauga on Monday morning.
“It’s still early in the investigation,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
The incident took place near Mississauga Valley Blvd. and Bloor St. at 7:55 a.m.
Paramedics treated a 76-year-old man before taking him to local hospital with serious injuries.
The suspect vehicle is a newer model silver Dodge minivan, which was last seen on Mississauga Valley Blvd., say police.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
UPDATED: Police said at 4:48 p.m. that the vehicle is actually an SUV similar to a silver Dodge Journey. It may have front-end damage.
- Reports Suggest Hamilton Crime Boss Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- Police Seeking Assistance in Locating 5-Year-Old Boy
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Ontario Amber Alert Cancelled After Missing Mississauga Boy Found Safe
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- Pedestrian in Hospital After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed By Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Mississauga
- Police Responding to Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Multiple Vehicle Crash and Police Investigation in Major Area of Mississauga