Peel police investigating 21st homicide of 2019
The twenty-first homicide of 2019 is currently under investigation by Investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau.
Multiple calls were received to 9-1-1 communicators on October 22, 2019, at 9:48 p.m. in regard to various victims at a shooting that occurred at Derry Rd. and the off-ramp from Highway 410 northbound in Mississauga.
Three victims were located suffering from gunshot wounds upon arrival.
A 17-year-old male and a 26-year-old female were transported to a trauma centre in serious condition.
A 28-year-old man from Brampton died at the scene from the sustained injuries.
The investigation revealed that all three victims were travelling on Highway 410 in a vehicle. While waiting on the off-ramp to Derry Rd., a dark-coloured vehicle pulled alongside theirs and fired multiple bullets before fleeing the scene.
The victim has been identified as Giovanni Delahaye.
Police say there is no suspect information available and anyone with information is asked to call investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121, extension 3205.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Man arrested in Mississauga homicide investigation
- Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Police offering $25,000 reward for information in Mississauga homicide
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Free bicycles available for Malton students who need them in Mississauga
- Skies will be clear in Mississauga for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: The aftermath of vehicle rollover on 410 in Mississauga
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19