Peel Police identify Brampton man fatally shot in vehicle
Peel Police have released the name and further details on a man who was fatally shot in his vehicle Wednesday evening in Brampton.
The victim is Jerome Green, 23, of Brampton who was found suffering from life-threatening gunshot wounds and would be later pronounced dead at the scene.
“Despite the best effort of first-responders on scene, that male has died as of a result of the injuries he sustained,” Peel Region Const. Akhil Mooken said.
Green was driving a grey Volkswagen Jetta and stopped near Archedkin Drive and Pennywood Road at approximately 7:04 p.m. when an unknown man approached his vehicle and fired multiple gunshots into the car.
The suspect ran on foot to a silver/grey Hyundai Elantra and got in on the passenger side before the vehicle fled the scene in an erratic manner.
Police believe the erratic driving may be captured on dashcam video or security video and anyone who has video, footage or more information is asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Person Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
- Brampton car shooting leaves one man dead
- Police Identify Victim Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Peel police investigating 21st homicide of 2019
- Man shot in Brampton last week has died in hospital, homicide investigation now underway
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader