Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s
Officers have made an arrest in connection to multiple incidents that reportedly took place four decades ago.
In May of 2018, police say a 56 year old male victim informed investigators of a series of sexual assaults that occurred in the early 1970s.
On June 10, 2018, police arrested 73 year old Alonzo Levesque of Quebec. He is charged with four counts of sexual assault.
In the 1970's, Levesque was allegedly a referee with a hockey league in Toronto. He has also been employed as a superintendent at various apartment buildings in Toronto and Brampton, police say.
Investigators with the Special Victims Unit believe that there may be more victims.
Anyone who has information related to this investigation is asked to contact investigators at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Massage Therapist in Peel Region Arrested for Multiple Sexual Assaults
- Police Charge Mississauga Hospital Nurse with Sexual Assault
- Police Charge Man Who Taught in Mississauga with Sexual Assault
- Former Peel Hockey Coach Charged in Multiple Historic Sex Assaults