Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Multiple Fraud Incidents In Mississauga
Peel Police have arrested a man wanted in a series of frauds in Mississauga.
On November 4, 2018, the man persuaded a 70-year-old Brampton man to get a home security monitoring system. In order to complete the security job, the victim was told to give the suspect two brand new cell phones and the victim’s laptop, which were never returned to the victim.
In early 2019, a 64-year-old Toronto woman met the suspect at a bingo hall. In July, the suspect advised the victim of a used vehicle he had for sale. The woman paid a partial deposit to the man; however, was unable to receive the vehicle or her money back.
On July 9, a 33-year-old Mississauga woman met the suspect at a bingo hall. The man persuaded her to buy two new cellphones and hand them over to the suspect to be unlocked. The victim was unable to get her phones or money back.
On July 10, a 64-year-old Mississauga woman met the suspect at a bingo hall. The suspect persuaded her to buy a new cellphone and hand it over to the suspect to be unlocked. Again, the victim was unable to get her phones or money back.
Thomas Henry Ogden, a 50-year-old Toronto man was arrested and charged with fraud (four counts), fail to comply (three counts), breach probation order (six counts) and breach recognizance (three counts). Ogden was arrested on August 24 and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on August 25, 2019.
Anyone who believes they may have had similar dealings or have any additional information is asked to contact investigators at the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233 or Peel Crime Stoppers.
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed on QEW identified as man from Mississauga
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga
- You can add something else to your recycling this fall in Mississauga
- Winning LOTTO ticket sold in Mississauga still up for grabs
- Man Wanted for Multiple Fraud Incidents in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Victim Identified in Early Morning Mississauga Shooting, Suspect Wanted
- Suspect Arrested Following Road Rage Incident in Mississauga
- Gunpoint Carjacking Suspect Arrested in Mississauga
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga