Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
Peel Police have arrested and charged a 38-year-old man from Brampton in relation to a human trafficking investigation in Mississauga.
In February 2019, an investigation began of a 26-year-old female victim who had been exploited in the sex trade over a six-year period. The suspect exercised control over all aspects of the victim's life and profited as a result.
On June 27, Korey Campbell was charged with numerous offences including allegedly trafficking in persons, receiving benefit resulting from trafficking in persons, procuring a prostitute, exercising control over a prostitute, deriving benefit from sexual services, assault with a weapon and assault.
Campbell appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice for a bail hearing on June 2.
Investigators from the Vice Unit believe there may be more victims and/or witnesses.
Anyone with relevant information is asked to call (905) 453-2121, ext. 3555 or Peel Crime Stoppers.
- Man facing charges in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Police arrest man in connection to a human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Arrests made in Mississauga human trafficking investigation
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Brother and sister arrested in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Authorities cleaning up oil spill in the Credit River in Mississauga
- Le Chateau closing all Mississauga locations
- Canadian companies that have filed for creditor protection since COVID-19 pandemic