Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
Peel Police have arrested and charged a 38-year-old man from Brampton in relation to a human trafficking investigation in Mississauga.
In February 2019, an investigation began of a 26-year-old female victim who had been exploited in the sex trade over a six-year period. The suspect exercised control over all aspects of the victim's life and profited as a result.
On June 27, Korey Campbell was charged with numerous offences including allegedly trafficking in persons, receiving benefit resulting from trafficking in persons, procuring a prostitute, exercising control over a prostitute, deriving benefit from sexual services, assault with a weapon and assault.
Campbell appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice for a bail hearing on June 2.
Investigators from the Vice Unit believe there may be more victims and/or witnesses.
Anyone with relevant information is asked to call (905) 453-2121, ext. 3555 or Peel Crime Stoppers.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Man facing charges in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Police arrest man in connection to a human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Human Trafficking Suspects Wanted in Brampton and Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged with human trafficking