Peel Paramedics hiring in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon
Published February 15, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Peel Regional Paramedic Service is going on a hiring blitz in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.
Peel Paramedics respond to over 140,000 calls every year, and according to postings online the Region of Peel’s paramedic service is looking to hire people with “a passion for caring and supporting the wellbeing of the people within your community.”
The service is currently taking applications for Primary Care Paramedics, with an hourly rate between $40.00 and $42.49 per hour.
Paramedics are expected to work days, peak hours and nights on 12-hour shifts up to forty-two (42) hours per week. There are also some more flexible part-time schedules, as well as long and short-term assignments.
“A career with Peel Regional Paramedic Services is an exciting opportunity to provide vital services to the residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon, while making a positive difference in the lives of others,” the job posting reads.
Hiring with Peel Paramedics is a three-step process, starting with a written exam portion on March 22.3
Interested applicants can visit the Region of Peel careers webpage for more information.
- Qualified to work as a paramedic in Ontario as per the Ambulance Act
- Diploma in Ambulance and Emergency Care OR graduate from an approved Ontario Primary Care Paramedic training program no later than May 31st, 2022 OR completed equivalency certification
- Ministry of Health A-EMCA certification (or A-EMCA pending) or Equivalency Certificate
- Applicants for an Advanced Care Paramedic position MUST be currently certified, active and in good standing with an approved Ontario Base Hospital Program
- Valid Ontario Class “F” licence or equivalent that meets the requirements of the Ambulance Act
- Valid CPR certification at the HCP OR BLS level
- Clear vulnerable sector criminal record search conducted withing 45 days prior to hiring and driver’s abstract conducted within 10 days of driver testing
- Applicants must hold a successful Ottawa Paramedic Physical Abilities Test (OPPAT). Physical assessment (OPPAT) must be completed no earlier than November 15th, 2021
- Applicants must provide proof of immunization against communicable diseases, along with proof of immunity via serology completed in the year of hire, as required by clause 6(1)(h) of O. Reg. 257/00 under the Ambulance Act.
- New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time