Peel confirms COVID-19 outbreaks at two long-term care homes in Mississauga
The Region of Peel has confirmed at this time two outbreaks related to COVID-19 in long-term care homes in Mississauga.
The homes in question are Village of Erin Meadows, located at 2930 Erin Centre Boulevard, and Villa Forum, located at 175 Forum Drive.
The outbreaks were declared on April 2 and March 30, respectively.
In addition to COVID-19, Village of Erin Meadows is also dealing with an outbreak of parainfluenza.
While the number of confirmed cases in these homes has not yet been confirmed, the homes are taking steps to ensure residents and staff are protected as much as possible.
Just heard staff person tested positive for COVID-19 at Village of Erin Meadows Long Term Care in Ward 9. I have been in touch and they are doing all to protect residents and staff. When it hits our community, it is a wake up call to stay home, and help stop this spread.— Councillor Pat Saito (@PatSaitoWard9) April 3, 2020
Peel Public Health is continuing to investigate these and all suspected or confirmed outbreaks.
For more information on all reported outbreaks, click here.
- LATEST: Peel Public Health reporting five COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes in Mississauga
- Three COVID-19 outbreaks declared at long term care homes in Halton: Feb 1 to 7
- All COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes in Brampton: Feb 15 to 21
- Three COVID-19 outbreaks declared at long term care homes in Hamilton: Feb 1 to 7
- COVID-19 outbreaks declared at two Oakville long term care homes: Jan 25 to 31
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising