Peel confirms COVID-19 outbreaks at two long-term care homes in Mississauga
The Region of Peel has confirmed at this time two outbreaks related to COVID-19 in long-term care homes in Mississauga.
The homes in question are Village of Erin Meadows, located at 2930 Erin Centre Boulevard, and Villa Forum, located at 175 Forum Drive.
The outbreaks were declared on April 2 and March 30, respectively.
In addition to COVID-19, Village of Erin Meadows is also dealing with an outbreak of parainfluenza.
While the number of confirmed cases in these homes has not yet been confirmed, the homes are taking steps to ensure residents and staff are protected as much as possible.
Just heard staff person tested positive for COVID-19 at Village of Erin Meadows Long Term Care in Ward 9. I have been in touch and they are doing all to protect residents and staff. When it hits our community, it is a wake up call to stay home, and help stop this spread.— Councillor Pat Saito (@PatSaitoWard9) April 3, 2020
Peel Public Health is continuing to investigate these and all suspected or confirmed outbreaks.
For more information on all reported outbreaks, click here.
- LATEST: Peel Public Health reporting five COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes in Mississauga
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Mississauga - May 2, 2020
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Mississauga - May 28, 2020
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Mississauga - May 15, 2020
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Mississauga - May 6, 2020
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- Power outage in Mississauga affecting 2,000 homes and businesses
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga