Pedestrian struck by Kia in Oshawa
A 64-year-old female pedestrian was seriously injured after being struck by a car while crossing the road in Oshawa Tuesday evening.
Police were called to Dean Avenue and Hillcrest Drive - near Ritson Road and Highway 401 - just before 6 p.m. to investigate a collision involving a pedestrian. The woman was walking her dog when she was struck by a dark Kia vehicle as she crossed the roadway.
The woman was transported by ambulance to a Toronto-area trauma centre with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the Kia, a 55-year-old Oshawa man, was charged with Driving in Breach of Condition Prohibited under the Highway Traffic Act. The driver remained at the scene and co-operated with investigators.
The roadway was closed for several hours while officers conducted their investigation.
Anyone with information about this incident or who witnessed this collision is asked to call Cst Hill of Central East Division at 905-579-1520 (toll free 1-888-579-1520) ext. 2415.
- Pedestrian in Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Life-threatening injuries reported after pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Pedestrian in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February