Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run Collision With Truck in Mississauga
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious hit and run collision involving a pedestrian in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018, shortly after 7:00 a.m., a 60-year-old woman was crossing Dixie Road when she was struck by a transport truck that was making a right turn at the intersection.
Police say the vehicle failed to stop after the collision.
Police say witnesses described the vehicle as a light brown tractor unit with a white trailer.
The victim was treated for serious but non-life-threatening injuries at a local hospital.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses including any transport truck drivers who may have been in the area between 6:55 a.m. and 7:10 a.m.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has video footage of the incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Brand New American Restaurant Goes Bankrupt in Mississauga
- Car Seen Driving Erratically and Speeding Down Major Road in Mississauga
- Mississauga To Be Hit With Dangerous Weather Tonight
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Elderly Man Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Truck in Mississauga
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision with Pick-Up Truck
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Woman Struck and Killed in Mississauga