Pearson Airport in Mississauga named best airport in North America for fourth year in a row
Toronto Pearson Airport is being recognized and rewarded for the fourth year in a row.
Toronto Pearson has been named “Best Large Airport in North America serving more than 40 million passengers” by Airports Council International (ACI) - World, the global trade representative of the world’s airports.
The win comes as part of ACI World’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) program, which recognizes airports across the globe that deliver the best customer experience in the opinion of their own passengers.
A new survey category on airport hygiene came about this year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and Pearson also received the award for “Best hygiene measures by region” in North America, according to its passengers.
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) says this new recognition is mainly due to the result of Pearson’s Healthy Airport initiative, which aims to create a healthy and safe airport experience through enhanced cleaning informed by an industrial hygienist.
The approach outlines measures such as wearing a mask and limited terminal access as well as UV-C light disinfection and air quality monitoring.
“The COVID -19 global health crisis created unprecedented challenges for airport operators, and we adapted our operations and incorporated health and hygiene at the forefront of providing an exceptional passenger experience at Toronto Pearson,” said Deborah Flint, President and CEO, Greater Toronto Airports Authority, in a statement.
“I thank our passengers for the trust and confidence that they’ve placed in us over the last year. Moreover, these awards are only possible due to the dedication and commitment day in and day out of our employees. With our Pearson employee community and our partners, we commit to leading the best in the next era of the airport experience.”
- Mississauga's Pearson Airport is first Canadian airport to achieve global health accreditation amid COVID-19
- Here’s Why Toronto Pearson Airport Was Recently Recognized
- Here’s Where Mississauga's Toronto Pearson Ranks on the List of Best Airports
- Here’s How to Order Restaurant Food to Pearson Airport for the First Time Ever
- Something Exciting Just Happened to Pearson Airport
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say