Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
Last week, three international flights landed at Pearson Airport with confirmed COVID-19 cases according to the federal government.
According to a website operated by the Government of Canada, four flights carried passengers who have tested positive for the virus from out of the country into Canada.
Air Canada flight AC7682, which was flying out of Chicago, and landed at Pearson on August 4 had passengers who were sitting in rows 20 to 26 test positive for the virus.
The other three flights were also Air Canada flights.
An undisclosed number of passengers from an unknown section of the plane on flight AC879 from Switzerland to Toronto and flight AC849 from London to Toronto--both of which landed at Pearson on August 4--tested positive for the virus.
Additionally, an undisclosed number of passengers from an unknown section of the plane on flight AC7682, which departed from Chicago and landed at Pearson on August 3, tested positive for the virus.
Further, an undisclosed number of passengers from three domestic flights that landed at Pearson on August 3 tested positive for the virus.
The affected passengers of Air Canada flight AC427 from Montreal to Toronto were sitting in rows 12 to 18, while the affected passengers aboard WestJet flight WS720 from Vancouver to Toronto were sitting in rows four to 10, and the affected passengers aboard WestJet flight WS714 were sitting in rows seven to 13.
Cover photo courtesy of Toronto Pearson International Airport via Instagram
- Passengers aboard flight from Germany to Pearson Airport urged to self-isolate due to COVID-19
- Passengers threatened flight attendant after Pearson Airport plane crash: safety board
- March Break Prompts Massive Number of Passengers at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- WestJet to temporarily suspend all international and transborder flights
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- Police looking for missing vulnerable female last seen in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28