Parts of the Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway in Hamilton will be closed in both directions
The City of Hamilton will be completing maintenance on the Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway in the eastbound and westbound direction for three days beginning on Friday, May 14, 2021.
The eastbound closure will be in effect from Golf Links Rd to the Upper Red Hill Valley Parkway offramp leaving the eastbound Linc.
The westbound lanes will be closed from the Red Hill Valley Parkway to Mohawk Rd.
While work is being done in the westbound direction, access to the Highway 403 onramps and the Rousseaux St offramp will be reduced to one lane with access available from Golf Links Rd.
“Traffic is expected to increase during these maintenance weekends, and motorists should allow extra time and follow signs for detour,” said City staff.
The maintenance work will include:
- Spot resurfacing and repairs to the asphalt
- Bridge and signage repairs
- Pavement markings
- Clearing of catch basins
The scheduled work dates are:
- Eastbound: May 14 at 1 a.m. until May 17 at 5 a.m.
- Westbound: May 14 at 10 a.m. until May 17 at 5 a.m.
The City of Hamilton added that the work being done is contingent on weather conditions.
- Sewer repairs will close parts of Fruitland Road for 2 days: City of Hamilton
- Spring maintenance and clean-up work begins in Mississauga
- Motorists can expect 3 months of 'minor delays' as City of Hamilton completes bike lane project
- Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Westbound Due To Vehicle Fire
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Westbound Due To Collision In Mississauga
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga and Brampton grocery stores this week
- BREAKING: Province shortens AstraZeneca second dose to 8 weeks in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario