Part of Highway Closed Due to Person in Distress in Mississauga
Part of the 401 has been closed in Mississauga while emergency crews work to assist a person in distress.
Shortly before 3:15 p.m., police said that Peel police and Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers are in the Mavis and 401 area working with a “person in distress.”
OPP GTA Traffic (@OPP_GTATraffic) April 13, 2018
As a result of the ongoing investigation, the eastbound 401 at Mississauga Road is closed.
Soutbound Mavis Road lanes are restricted and the westbound 401 approaching Mavis Road will be affected as a result.
You might want to avoid the area.
Updates to follow.
- Road Closed for Person in Distress in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Police Investigating After Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on 401
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- All lanes closed on a major highway due to police investigation
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Person in Distress in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga