Part of Highway Closed Due to Person in Distress in Mississauga
Part of the 401 has been closed in Mississauga while emergency crews work to assist a person in distress.
Shortly before 3:15 p.m., police said that Peel police and Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers are in the Mavis and 401 area working with a “person in distress.”
OPP GTA Traffic (@OPP_GTATraffic) April 13, 2018
As a result of the ongoing investigation, the eastbound 401 at Mississauga Road is closed.
Soutbound Mavis Road lanes are restricted and the westbound 401 approaching Mavis Road will be affected as a result.
You might want to avoid the area.
Updates to follow.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Mandarin location in Mississauga temporarily closed for renovations
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Mississauga this winter
- Mississauga school in hold and secure following nearby stabbing incident
- Fatal crash closes major road in Mississauga