Part of Highway 8 in Hamilton closes this week until December 2022
Published April 11, 2021 at 10:54 pm
Residents should be aware of a long-term road closure that goes into effect this week.
Starting Monday, April 12, Highway 8 in Dundas will be completely closed between Bond St North and Woodleys Ln as part of the city’s Highway 8 Improvements project.
That work is expected to be completed in December 2022.
The Highway 8 Improvements project includes:
- Road reconstruction
- Spencer Creek bridge replacement including associated retaining walls
- Bike lane and shoulder installation
- Sidewalk replacement in the same existing locations
- Watermain installation/replacement
- Storm sewer installation/up-sizing & replacement including outfall & headwall structures
- Slope stability improvements
- Retaining walls installation (south and north sides)
- Street lighting pole relocation
During the first phase of construction, access to the Dundas Valley Golf & Curling Club will be maintained from the bottom of Highway 8 at Bond St North.
During the second phase of construction, access to Dundas Valley Golf & Curling Club will be maintained from the top of the Highway 8 hill.
Bruce Trail visitors will be unable to access the trail at Woodleys Ln and Highway 8 for the duration of the construction project.
Throughout the entire construction period, access to local properties east of the Spencer Creek bridge will be maintained from the bottom of Highway 8 at Bond St North and Park St West.
As well, local properties west of the Spencer Creek bridge will be maintained from the top of the Highway 8 Hill.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies